- Mega Paints & Hardware respects users’ privacy rights and complies with all laws in respect of the handling of personal information, including collection, use, storage, sharing and
3. What personal information does Mega Paints & Hardware handle?
- Personal information that Mega Paints & Hardware collects, when users use the Website and join, access or use the Social Media Pages, may include the users’ full name, address, contact details, and payment information and any other information relating to users which Mega Paints & Hardware lawfully receives and which may be relevant to the use of the Website and/or the Social Media Pages or which is accessible on users’ own social media profiles which they connect with the Social Media.
- If the information that Mega Paints & Hardware collects personally identifies users, or users are reasonably identifiable from it, Mega Paints & Hardware will treat it as personal.
4. How does Mega Paints & Hardware collect users’ personal information?
Mega Paints & Hardware collects users’ personal information in various ways, namely:
- Through their access to and use of the Website and/or Social Media Pages;
- Through customer surveys; and
- When users communicate with Mega Paints & Hardware in any form.
5. What happens if Mega Paints & Hardware is not permitted to collect users’ personal information?
All personal information provided by users is provided voluntarily. However, if users do not provide Mega Paints & Hardware with personal information where Mega Paints & Hardware requires it, those users may not be able to purchase products, use Mega Paints & Hardware’s services, access the Website or join, access or use the Social Media Pages.
6. For what purposes does Mega Paints & Hardware handle user personal information?
Mega Paints & Hardware stores users’ personal information and handles it for the purposes of:
- carrying out any actions necessary for the conclusion or performance of the contract of the sale of products, when users purchase products on the Website; and
- updating its records; and
- processing and responding to any correspondence from users
- marketing, subject to clause
7. Who does Mega Paints & Hardware disclose user personal information to?
- Mega Paints & Hardware may disclose user personal information to:
- its employees, affiliates, contractors or third-party service providers in connection with the Website and/or Social Media Pages and sale of its products, including its hosting service providers;
- its insurers and professional advisors, including its accountants, business advisors and consultants;
- new colleagues and the manager of any entity through which they operate if Mega Paints & Hardware merges, combines or divests a part of its business;
- law enforcement or regulatory bodies as required by law; and
- any other juristic or natural person for any authorised purpose with the user’s express consent.
- Mega Paints & Hardware undertakes never to sell users’ personal information.
8. Does Mega Paints & Hardware disclose users’ personal information to anyone outside South Africa?
- User personal information may need to be transferred to, or stored with, other members of the Marberry Investments (of which Mega Paints & Hardware is a part) located outside of South Africa for some of the purposes listed.
- Where users’ personal information is transferred outside of South Africa, the rights of users will continue to be respected and Mega Paints & Hardware will take all reasonable steps to ensure transferred personal information is kept secure and receives a similar or higher level of protection as that which it receives in South Africa.
- Mega Paints & Hardware may handle users’ personal information to send users details of new accounts.
- These communications may be sent in various forms (including by post and by email) in accordance with applicable marketing laws. If users indicate a preference for a method of communication, Mega Paints & Hardware will endeavour to use that method where it is practical to do
- All of these communications will include information detailing the process of unsubscribing from (or opting out of) receiving the communications if users no longer wish to receive promotional material from Mega Paints & Hardware.
10. How the Website and/or Social Media Pages work
- As the Website and Social Media Pages are accessible via the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, Mega Paints & Hardware cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of the transmission of information users communicate to Mega Paints & Hardware online. Mega Paints & Hardware also cannot guarantee that the information users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which users transmit to Mega Paints & Hardware online is transmitted at the users’ own risk.
11. Security and data quality
- Mega Paints & Hardware Eastgate may hold users’ personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. In both cases Mega Paints & Hardware takes reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when Mega Paints & Hardware is no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
12. How can users access and correct their personal information?
- Users have the right to contact Mega Paints & Hardware at any time requesting:
- confirmation that Mega Paints & Hardware has their personal information;
- access to the records containing their personal information or a description of the personal information that Mega Paints & Hardware holds about them; and
- the identity or categories of third parties who have had, or currently have, access to their personal information.
- When making a request Mega Paints & Hardware requires adequate proof of the users’ identity which will include providing a certified copy of their identity / registration
- Mega Paints & Hardware will try to provide users with suitable means of accessing information, where users are entitled to it, for example, posting or emailing it to
- There may be instances where Mega Paints & Hardware cannot grant users access to their personal information. For example, if their access would interfere with the privacy of others or would result in a breach of confidentiality, Mega Paints & Hardware may need to refuse access. If Mega Paints & Hardware refuses access, it will give written reasons for its
- If users believe that any personal information that Mega Paints & Hardware holds about them is inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated, incomplete or misleading, users may request Mega Paints & Hardware to correct it. If users believe that any personal information that Mega Paints & Hardware holds about them is excessive or has been unlawfully obtained or that Mega Paints & Hardware is no longer authorized to retain the information, users may request that Mega Paints & Hardware destroys or deletes it. Mega Paints & Hardware will consider if the information requires correction, deletion or destruction and if Mega Paints & Hardware does not agree that there are grounds for action, users may request that Mega Paints & Hardware adds a note to the personal information stating that the user disagrees with it.
- Mega Paints & Hardware may charge a reasonable fee to cover its administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to users. Mega Paints & Hardware will not charge for simply making the request or for making any corrections to the personal information.
13. Unlawful access to users’ personal information
- If users believe that their personal information has been unlawfully accessed or acquired, they may contact Mega Paints & Hardware using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that Mega Paints & Hardware can investigate
- Mega Paints & Hardware will treat users’ complaints confidentially (unless otherwise required by law), investigate those complaints and aim to ensure that those complaints are resolved within a reasonable time frame.
14. Changes to users’ personal information
Should users’ personal information change, please inform Mega Paints & Hardware and provide it with all changes as soon as reasonably possible to enable Mega Paints & Hardware to update the personal information.
15. List of cookies we collect
FORM_KEY: Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.
PHPSESSID: Your session ID on the server.
GUEST-VIEW: Allows guests to view and edit their orders.
PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART: A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.
STF: Information on products you have emailed to friends.
STORE: The store view or language you have selected.
MAGE-CACHE-SESSID: Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.
MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE: Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.
MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION: Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.
MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT: Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.
SECTION-DATA-IDS: Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.
PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION: Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.
X-MAGENTO-VARY: Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.
MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION: Facilitates translation of content to other languages.
MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE: Facilitates translation of content to other languages.
16. Contact information