Terms & Conditions
Welcome to our website. Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd is registered offices at 43 Bradford Road, Bedfordview under the company registration number 2006/005759/07 and trading as Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd. Please read the Terms and Conditions of this website in order to understand how they may affect the use of any products and services on offer to you.
The Terms and Conditions stated here are for the Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd online website exclusively and may differ from the terms and conditions for the Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd in-store purchases.
- Detailed description of goods and/or services
Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd is a business in the retail industry that sells goods online and in-store.
- Delivery policy
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 5 days and delivery confirmed by way email. (for e.g. booking number/booking voucher etc. and must mention the use of courier and/or postal services and associated costs, if applicable.) Kindly refer to our Delivery Policy for important information and costs for deliveries.
- Export restriction
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
- Return and Refunds policy
The provision of goods and services by Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 0% administration fee. (If appropriate – provide details of your policy regarding damaged goods. Also mention guarantees, warranties, etc.)
Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569 .
- Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa and MasterCard.
- Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who is the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
- Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution, and delivery of goods.
- Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- Company information
This website is run by Private Company based in South Africa trading as Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd and with registration number 2006/005759/07.
- Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd contact details
Company Physical Address: Mega Paints & Hardware, Eastgate Shopping Centre, 43 Bradford Road
- Telephone: 011 616 4129
- By using the online store, you agree and accept the Terms and Conditions, as set out below, without modification, reservations, or changes. By using this website you agree that these Terms and Conditions apply as the final agreement with Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd, should you wish to make a purchase.
- Use of this website is entirely at your own risk. We do not warrant that the use of the website will be without error or interruption or that the servers that make the website available are entirely virus free at all times. No liability will be accepted by Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd for damage or loss of any kind arising from the access to our website.
- No products or goods will be released or dispatched unless full payment has been received and the payment has been confirmed by the relevant banks. This is applicable to all payment methods including, but not limited to, credit card payments and electronic funds transfer.
- All goods purchased on this website will be supplied by Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd unless otherwise stated where as part of the delivery a third party may be engaged.
- The contract of sale will only be concluded once the order is accepted by Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd.
- Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd does not warrant that the content displayed on the website is always accurate but every step is taken to ensure that information is up to date and complete.
- All rights relating to logos, text, images, data, information or other material communicated on the website are for use on this website and are for viewing purposes only. Unauthorized use, changes or copying is prohibited.
- Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd values all feedback via the “Contact Us” option on the website. Any information placed on the website will become our property and will not be limited in any way whatsoever as to the use of the information. Any inappropriate comments that contain unlawful, obscene or defamatory material will not be permitted and will be removed from the website entirely.
- Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd will not distribute, sell or share any personal information provided on this website with anyone else and will solely be restricted to be used on the website and/or the transaction processed on it. We reserve the right to communicate with you regarding information that may be required related to the services or products as a result of use of the website. All personal information is held securely.
- To use and access this website you will require a suitable device with internet connectivity and Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd shall not be held liable for any charges that may be incurred by you as a result of the connectivity.
- Only online orders that have been completed and paid for in full will be processed for delivery.
- Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd will not accept responsibility for orders placed incorrectly on the website and will not be held liable for delivering the originally intended item unless subject to an additional delivery charge.
- Kindly refer to our Delivery Policy for important information and costs for deliveries.
- Goods ordered and paid for online may, at your choice, also be collected from us directly. Please indicate on the order if you require this option.
- Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd operates in terms of the requirements of the Consumer Protection Act and our terms and conditions policy is aligned with it.
- Should you wish to return any item received from an online purchase, it is your responsibility to return it to Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd, with the original invoice and all the packaging and accessories. Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd will not be liable to collect the goods from you that have been delivered to you for any reason whatsoever. Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd will not be held responsible for any costs that may be incurred by you as a result of returning the product. This includes, but is not limited to, loss of income, loss of revenue, or any travel expenses.
- Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd will accept goods back for credit within 48 hours of delivery if it is in exactly the same state and condition that it was when it was originally supplied to you. This includes but is not restricted to all packaging and accessories.
- Most goods that are defective when purchased or fail due to a manufacture fault will be swapped out, credited or exchanged within a 7 day period from date of delivery.
- Excluded from the 7 day swap out are –
- Items that were purchased by special order arrangement; Any items that show sign of misuse or abuse; Goods that are susceptible to power surges; Accidental damage.
- Goods that cannot be comprehensively tested in store due to suppliers warranty policy. These goods will be sent to the original suppliers for testing. No repair, refund or replacement will be issued before the testing or a detailed report issued of the items is complete and has been reviewed by the authorized repair centre. Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd will not be held responsible for loss of any nature that may occur during this period of testing and assessment whether it is loss of earnings, travel, warranty or any other cause.
- Warranty on all goods will not be valid at all if the serial number has been removed, altered, modified, damaged, erased or marked in any way whatsoever.
- Batteries supplied in kits
- Please be advised that the batteries supplied in this kit are good to last 150 – 200 cycles, which is sufficient for the occasional stage 1 – 2 load shedding.
- Due to the current load shedding, and continual jump in stages (2 – 6), these cycles will most likely be depleted within a few months.
- Once the batteries have reached their peak of 150 – 200 cycles, the warranty will be null and void, as the batteries will have reached the end of their life.
- Therefore, during load shedding (especially during the higher stages, eg. Stages 4, 5 & 6), we would highly recommend that you keep the inverter’s power switch off. And only switch it on when the need for any backup power is crucial.
- We would highly advise that you please consider upgrading to a lithium-ion battery for more then 2000 cycles.
Save for the Consumer Protection Act, No. 68 of 2008 and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, No. 25 of 2005, Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd will not be held liable for any damage, loss or liability of nature arising from the use, or inability to use, the Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd online store.
Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd has done its utmost to ensure that the site is free from errors, but do not assert that the site and its content is free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. If you do note any errors or problems, please report them to Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd via email.
Product descriptions and images displayed on this site are strictly for quick reference. Mega Paints & Hardware is not responsible for changes or variations in product specifications and/or physical appearance. Although we do our best to ensure that all product information is up-to-date and accurate, there are circumstances that can cause the information on our website to be listed incorrectly or become outdated without our immediate knowledge. If you have discovered an error; please contact us and we will correct it.
Information and content on the website should not be seen as professional advice supported by Marberry Investments (Pty) Ltd. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that the products or goods that they purchase meet their needs before they are purchased as all goods are sold on an “as is” basis.